Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Product Review: Ecover Cream Scrub

So, if you do have quite a bit of buildup in your bathtub like I hinted at in the previous product review, I found a winner. I've always hated using bathroom cleaning products. When I was younger, I was addicted to the lemony scent of Mr. Clean (which probably explains a lot), but have been reluctant in using it in my more recent cleaning forays since it also made my eyes burn.

I came across Ecover products (http://www.ecover.com) at my local Planet Organic grocery store about a year ago and picked up a 500 ml bottle of their Cream Scrub product for an economical price of $3.50. Now Cream Scrub is not specifically a bathroom product, but more of a general cleaner that specializes in degreasing & stain removal.


A milky, slightly thick liquid, Cream Scrub actually clings fairly well to where you squirt it, but its cleaning strength surprised me for all its low aquatic impact and complete biodegradability assets. Required minimal "scrubbing" action; all I did was wipe it down with a sponge and rinse. Voila & presto, c'est finis, the scummy soap scum was gone from my bathtub in about 3 minutes flat.

Even if you don't use a daily decalcifyer or other products to minimize calcification and general soap scumminess...I found that it takes up to about 3-4 weeks before you even really need to think about cleaning your tub again.

I rate Ecover's Cream Scrub 5 out of 5 hairballs for being a consistently excellent efficient cleaner, economically appealing, versatile, environmentally friendly, and 100% biodegradable.

No comments: