Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Product Review: Daily Shower Cleaner by Attitude

I used to use Tilex Fresh Shower spray in my shower to keep down the soap scum & calcification on my shower walls and curtain. The stuff is fantastic and supposedly non-toxic and has basically removed my need to scrub my shower walls to remove layers of scum. The bathtub is a slightly different story but I'll get to that another time. Anyway, though I was not unhappy with Tilex, I searched for a "green" replacement, and I found a product from a Canadian-based company that produces a rather extensive green line of products calls Attitude. Attitude products have recently become EcoLogo - an internationally recognized Canadian certification approving the "green" nature of their products.

Simply called Daily Shower cleaner, I've been using this for about a month in place of Tilex. Daily Shower has a mild scent that I did not recognize but has been identified by the label as being Ylang-Ylang & Tangerine,...or was that Grapefruit (I still am not sure what Ylang-Ylang is despite all the shampoo commercials)?

I'm slightly reassured by Attitude's printed mantra that Daily Shower has no impact on aquatic life. Other markings note that it's also a vegan product, and donations are made to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for every purchase. Talk about a feel good product. I'm doing my [very tiny] part in saving the environment and still get clean, soap scum free tiles in my shower. Bonus.

Attitude products are available at Planet Organic and most recently, London Drugs has begun carry them as well. Daily Shower will run you around $5.90 for the spray bottle. Larger refill bottles are also available for the same or lesser price.

Daily Shower has been fairly good at keeping my shower tiles soap scum free and the routine is fairly simple. As soon as I step out of the shower, I spray down all the wet surfaces, and walk away. If only doing laundry and dishes were this simple.

Because I was already using the Tilex Fresh Shower before hand, I don't know how well it works with shower walls that start off with a thick layer of calcification. The instructions recommend giving everything a good scrub first if you have quite a bit of buildup. As it is, I think it's a fairly good product, and something I will continue to purchase.

I give
Daily Shower by Attitude 4 hairballs out of 5. ;) Definitely worth a try.

No comments: